The Programme was split into two phases
The strategy phase
Implementation phaseThe implementation phase saw the social entrepreneurs decide on a set of milestones to work on together with senior leaders at IKEA to implement and start their systems change journey. Both phases have now been completed, you can read the full impact report here published in 2020. The evaluation indicates that the programme has been a success with many of the participating social entrepreneurs reporting ‘a shift in their impact focus'.
Read the story of Anne-Sofie, one of the IKEA co-workers who supported Allison Silva with her work running training for Bolivian entrepreneurs, helping expand job opportunities for people in her country.
- Fundacion Empreender FuturoAllison increases the ability for vulnerable people to improve their social status by democratizing access to business information and services.
- AnouDan has created Anou, a community of artisans working together to reshape Morocco's artisan economy so that it works for them rather than against them.
- More Than SheltersDaniel prototypes dignified living concepts for refugees, bridging crucial stages of their journeys.
- Programa VivendaFernando develops affordable renovation kits that fix the issues that most impact health in the favelas in Brazil.
- Grassroot Tea CorporationJohn is creating a new model for small tea growers to organize themselves, manufacture and sell tea to markets directly while influencing policy.
- IgnitiaLiisa provides farmers in Ghana with climate data sets that allow them to increase their yield and efficiency by timing planting, cultivating, and harvesting.
- PEKKANani is reversing the pattern of discrimination against women in Indonesia by educating and enabling them to provide for their families.
- Center for Aquatic Livelihood -JaljeevikaBy helping farmers see the economic opportunity in cooperating, Neelkanth has reached 50 000 farmers and successfully integrated in-land fisheries in six states' livelihood programs.
- Fair Employment AgencyScott shifts domestic worker agency models to one that erases fees to workers and re-aligns incentives at each link along the recruitment chain in Hong Kong and the Philippines.
- PhulkiSuraiya has developed self-sustaining models for workplace-based care centers at factories and offices, enabling economic emancipation for women in Bangladesh.
- Sea Ranger ServiceWietse combines empowerment of unemployed youths and re-integration of navy veterans to provide a solution to the monitoring of marine protected areas.